Meet Valerie Jarrett daughter Laura’s computer scandal tinged father-in-law
……….Let’s go back to computer slush funds games in 2003.Why?Because Laura Jarrett’s father-in-law Bas Balkissoon, Jarrett’s daughter Laura Jarrett was involved in the City of Toronto’s MFP computer leasing scandal that skyrocketed from $43 million to more than $100 million, as the scandal’s self-professed ‘whistleblower’.
None of the $100 million from the public purse or the $15 millionjudicial inquiry called by then mayoral candidate Councillor David Miller into the MFP scandal was ever recovered—and to this day, no one has ever been brought to justice.Miller did go on to be Toronto mayor for two terms.
Our hero Coun. Bas Balkissoon, left his council seat—mid-term—to run for the OntarioLIberals in the 2005 by-election: “In the Liberal nomination prior to the by-election, the Party chose to use a clause in its constitution that declared other candidates invalid, effectively handing the nomination to Balkissoon.” Wikipedia.As a whistleblower on his way to a ready-made future, Balkissoon blamed staff and not councillors for the burgeoning MFP computer scandal.
In a February 2003 interview with Toronto Free Press TFP, the forerunner to Canada Free Press CFP, Balkissoon, gave fellow councillors involved in the computer scandal a pass, instead blaming “senior staff”. TFP, Feb. 10, 2003.“It was senior staff. Council was truly unaware. Council sets policy. It cannot micro-manage and cannot be expected to micro-manage the business of the city,”
Balkissoon said.While Balkissoon acknowledged the $15 million inquiry into the MFP computer scandal’s potential for publicity for municipal politicians in an election year, he supported Mayor David Miller’s motion to extend the inquiry “wholeheartedly”.
“The media is making him Miller the hero,” he said.“Balkissoon also credited the whistle blowing of TFP columnist and former City Treasury employee Jeff Goodall for early suspicion on the MFP computer lease scandal.“Goodall, who wrote a letter to city CFO Wanda Liczyk complaining that dozens of stale-dated cheques in amounts of up to one million dollars were being ignored, was fired after writing about the cheques in a TFP column.“In retrospect, Jeff’s complaints did raise a red flag with me,” said Balkissoon……………………
- Report: Valerie Jarrett’s Daughter and Son-in-law work for company that receives $653 Million for Obamacare (aconservativeedge.wordpress.com)
- Who Allegedly Has ‘Tentacles’ in Every Issue at the White House? (theblaze.com)
- Meet Valerie Jarrett daughter Laura’s computer scandal tinged father-in-law (jericho777.wordpress.com)
- GOP Rep.: Valerie Jarrett ‘Seems to Have Her Tentacles’ in Every Scandal (nationalreview.com)
- Meet Valerie Jarrett daughter Laura’s computer scandal tinged father-in-law (canadafreepress.com)
- Meet Valerie Jarrett daughter Laura’s computer scandal tinged father-in-law (gunnygblog.wordpress.com)
- Valerie Jarrett says Eric Holder won’t resign over media scandals (theblaze.com)