Category Archives: Drones
DEMS’ ‘DON’ T IMPEACH OBAMA’ EMAIL BACKFIRES
Suddenly, millions of Americans talking about ousting president
Published: DREW ZAHN via WorldNetDaily
A long-time strategy of the political left has been to take its most threatening opponents – and those enemies’ most damaging arguments – and mock them, as though they’re ludicrous to even consider.Usually, the bullying technique results in marginalizing the opponent and silencing his or her arguments.But sometimes, it backfires.A recent Democratic National Committee email to supporters, for example, attempted to blackball four Republican congressmen for daring to suggest President Obama could be impeached for repeated violations of the Constitution.“Republicans are actually excited about the idea,” the email scoffed. “Show these Republicans they are way, way off-base.”But the email may have gotten more attention than the DNC intended.Highlighted by WND, the Daily Caller, Fox News and the Drudge Report, the email has now been seen by tens of millions of Americans.
Read more via Dems’ ‘don’t impeach Obama’ email backfires.
- Dems’ ‘don’t impeach Obama’ email backfires (mobile.wnd.com)
- DNC sends email defending Obama from impeachment possibility (oneway2day.wordpress.com)
- Defense: DNC urges supporters to vote for Democrats so that Republicans can’t impeach Obama (bluegrasspundit.com)
- WOW: DNC sends out email warning of Obama impeachment (youngcons.com)
- DNC email defends Obama from impeachment possibility (mobile.wnd.com)
- Drudge Report tars Obama and Clinton with ‘impeachment’ (examiner.com)
- Dems Call Out GOPers Who Wanted Obama Impeachement (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Impeach Obama? DNC raises fear in new email (foxnews.com)
Catch Me If You Can
Ghoulish President Obama Says He’s “Really Good at Killing People”
Business Insider has broken a story from a new book by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann called Double Down which is a follow up to their popular book from 2008 called Game Change. According to Double Down, which is a chronicle of the 2012 election, “President Barack Obama told his aides that he’s ‘really good at killing people’ while discussing drone strikes.”
Look, the issue of using drones as assassin’s in the war on terror is a hot-button issue, and I realize a lot of good conservatives are for their use. (I am personally opposed to our use of drones – but I’m not arguing for or against them here.) The use of drones is not the problem with this little “joke” – the problem with the fact that the President of the United States would say something like this is that it illustrates for us the aloofness that is inherent in President Obama’s character.
War, death, killing… these should be topics for serious consideration and discussion.
The folks at pitch interactive have built an interactive timeline of the use of drones in Pakistan, and it is not pretty.
In fact Barack Obama has ordered the killings of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people using drones. Human rights groups believe that the USA drastically underreports the deaths by drones that occur each year. That happens because of the amount of collateral damage that drone strikes cause, which also happens to be the chief reason so many are killed by drones.
Under Obama U.S. drone operators began practicing “signature strikes,” a tactic in which targets are chosen based on patterns of suspicious behavior and the identities of those to be killed aren’t necessarily known. (The administration counts all “military-age males” in a strike zone as combatants.)
Furthermore, the disturbing trend of the “double tap” — bombing the same place in quick succession and often hitting first responders — has become common practice… Needless to say, a lot of innocent people have been killed along with combatants.
So although President Obama has proven to be “really good at killing people,” the demonstration has not necessarily been noble.
And really, all of this leads us back to the real point. The President of the United States should be dignified, gracious and magnanimous. The President should show the character, fortitude and culture of his nation. Our President does none of this, and his “joke” to his aides proves this yet again. In fact, President Obama’s ability to joke about his role in the deaths of THOUSANDS is terrifying.
Even more, it’s not really a joke… he really IS good at killing people.
The world expects more from America and her leaders, and we should too.
- Obama: ‘I’m Really Good At Killing People’ (patdollard.com)
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner Alert: Obama told aids he was “really good at killing people” (bluegrasspundit.com)
- President Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize, then bragged about killing people (rare.us)
- Last Year President Obama Reportedly Told His Aides That He’s ‘Really Good At Killing People’ (conservativeread.com)
- Obama: I’m really good at killing people (stuff.co.nz)